Friday, May 13, 2011

"But it has got to go!" (5/11/11)

Wednesday’s class was cancelled due to Professor Moss being out sick. The Art department’s assistant, I believe her name is Veronica, came to our class to tell us the news. She told us that Jimmy wanted us to discuss our final project amongst ourselves before leaving class and to create a sign in sheet and return it to her office. We stayed in class for about twenty minutes and discussed our final project which is to individually film a video that will demonstrate our own creative process. We decided that our audience is our class peers and professor, and the deliverable is our video, which should have a length of at least 3 minutes and is not to exceed 5 minutes. Our video will be posted on our blog and the URL emailed to our professor Jimmy Moss. The posted video and email are due before 8:00AM on June 6th, the day of our final.


After we finished discussing our final project, Astrid turned in our creative briefs and the sign in sheet to Veronica’s office. As we all left class, it felt as though no one really knew where to go and what to do with the extra free time. Since my next class didn’t start until 10:50AM, I walked around with Astrid, Jackie, and Sandy trying to decide what we could do. Since my stomach was grumbling, I offered to drive to IHOP for breakfast and we had a delicious meal. We all had a great time and really got a chance to get to know each other better. We even had a funny and unforgettable bug experience at IHOP, which is why the title of this blog may not make sense to anyone else who wasn’t there, unless we told you our story yesterday at the John Coy presentation. :) When we got back to campus, we still had additional time to kill and decided to play card games. The best game played was Slap Jack. We may have gotten a little rowdy as we played but we didn’t care since we were having a good time. Once it was time to go to my next class, I was little sad because of how much fun I was having. But off I went class like the good student I am. I’m actually proud of myself because this is probably the first quarter of school where I have not missed a single day of class for all of my classes. I may have been late once or twice for a class, but other than that, I have had perfect attendance. I hope to keep it up with only the last three weeks of the quarter remaining.


3 comments:

  1. I must insist that you tell the story of the title, it sounds incredibly interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Julie i'm laughing just thinking about it. Ah Margarita we will surely have to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I thought we HAVE to let EVERYONE know. :)

    ReplyDelete