Monday, April 4, 2011

Water Slide (4/4/11)

Today’s class flew by so quickly this morning. Actually, the day kind of went by in a flash. As I am writing this, it’s 5:50pm. It’s one of those days when time just doesn’t seem linear.  Class was interesting this morning. A lot of things were going on. We had two different activities today. One was where our whole class participated together as a team. We had homework over the weekend which was to draw a cartoon of the important events which have led us to choose to go to college. In the beginning of class we were asked to put our drawings in a row on the front table. Later on that morning, our entire class was given 15 minutes to organize all our drawings from best to worse. All in all, I think we did a good job with our organization. There was a good team effort. We could have probably been a little more efficient if we were allowed more time. But by coming up with a quick solution to use a voting system on ranking the drawings, we were able to complete our task in the time allotted. There were about 5 people who did not agree with our overall outcome though. They were given a chance to rearrange the drawings as they thought it should be.

After our group activity, we were going to watch a video but due to technical difficulties with the projector, Professor Moss asked those students who attended the presentation by Seth Johnson to sit at the front of the class and inform our fellow classmates about his presentation. I was one of the students who attended the event. I think I was a little flustered at first when I started speaking. Nervousness kicked in and I was giving a lot of unnecessary information. But Professor Moss made things a little more clear in that we should only focus on the more important information. I’m glad he put a stop to what I was saying because I’m sure I would have ranted on longer than necessary. But after a while, the conversation started flowing from my other classmates and I started to feel a little more comfortable speaking. I think it was a good experience to be in front of the class with others. As a group, I believe we did our best to share the knowledge we gained from attending the presentation to our classmates. I hope that those who didn't have a chance attend were able to learn something from us sharing our experience and that we didn't bore them. I think as a group we did a good job and there were good questions from our classmates as well. 

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's class and I'm curious how I'll be completing my next homework assignment. I plan on taking my approach towards it as an exhilarated child, who just can wait to go down the water slide.



No comments:

Post a Comment