Friday, April 29, 2011

7 Deadly Sins (4/25/11)

On Monday, our class discussion was on games. What do games involve? How many types of games are there? Do they have a theme? When it comes to games, I don’t think about these questions at all. All I can think of is having fun when it comes to games and playing them. So what makes a good or bad game? Sometimes when a game has too many rules or regulations, it can be dull and boring. Other games involve a lot of activity and therefore can be very fun an exciting. This is something for our class to think about because our future homework assignment will be to create our own game. But for now, our homework assignment is to bring in a game on Wednesday for Game Day. The game we decide o bring in needs to be a multi-player game. We will be able to play those games and by playing them, learn the process of the game and what makes it a good or bad game.

For the remainder of the class, we went over our homework assignment, which was assigned on April 20th. Our assignment was to bring in seven images each representing one the seven deadly sins. Honestly, I didn’t know all of the deadly sins and had to look up the meaning of each sin before starting. I used Google Search as a tool to find my images. It turns out that a fellow classmate also used the same image I did for the sin Envy. But I was not the only person who had repeated images in class. A lot of other students had the same images used to describe a deadly sin. Other than the one repeated image I had, I was very happy with all the images I chose. I thought that all my chosen images described the sins very thoroughly. As we went through everyone’s selections in class, I enjoyed seeing what other people chose as their images because everyone had a different view on what each sin represented. There were only a few images where I didn’t quite understand which sin the image represented.  But for the most part everyone understood the assignment and I think that it was a success as a class. Next time around, if we have another assignment that involves looking for images, I will try and stay away from Google Search and use other sources to search for my images.









No comments:

Post a Comment