Friday, April 8, 2011

Design Option Graduate Walkthrough Spring 2011


Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the opening reception of the Design Option Graduate Walkthough exhibition. It was a good experience to see what students have been working on. It started off with posters for the event. Then as I went on, there was an area where it looked like there were pages of a dictionary torn out. Each page had all the words and definitions crossed out except for one. There were different variations of how the words were crossed out, either with white out, pencil, or cut out. There was even an older iMac on display. I can't remember what was on the screen though. i believe either a website or flier. In the next room, there was a book on display called ASIAN A photography project. I saw a lot of students flipping though its pages. But for me, I couldn't get myself to do it. In my head I kept thinking, "you're not supposed to touch things on display." For fear I would ruin it. But maybe this was a different type of exhibition, one you could interact with. In the far back room, it was dedicated to a photographer's work named Mathieu Grandjean. he took photos of the Arlington West Memorial at Santa Monica, CA. It was very interesting because what I can remember from it was that all the photos were in black and white. At the exhibit, there was also a projector showing various images. The last thing I remember was a wall with images from Robotech, an anime cartoon I remember I used to watch a long time ago.

I was really glad I had a chance to make it to the opening reception. It gave me the chance to see the various types of designs and the creativity of our school's students.

No comments:

Post a Comment